Audex™ Jacket Series - What's New?
Audex™ Jacket Series
07 August 2006
Reported by Angus Leung
Pushing the boundaries of outerwear performance and wireless connectivity, Motorola and Burton introduce the second-generation Audex Jacket Series. Featuring Bluetooth® stereo wireless technology for streaming music from your Bluetooth-enabled phone* or music device and a stealth control system on the jacket’s sleeve, changing up tracks and cranking the volume has never been smoother. What’s more, the Audex jacket lets you receive or make calls hands-free with just the push of a button** –no wires, no loose connections, no fumbling with the phone. With integrated DJ-quality stereo speakers in the hood, a wired stereo headset jack and a control panel on the sleeve with caller ID, the Audex Jacket Series gives riders the ultimate in on-mountain mission control.
Utilizing Bluetooth stereo technology, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) and Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP), the Audex jacket allows you to wirelessly stream your favorite tunes from your compatible phone** or music device directly to the integrated hood speakers or wired stereo headset. The Audex jacket also connects you to your iPod® through hidden wires – giving you access to your entire music library on the mountain***. What’s more, with a rechargeable battery pack included, you’ll never miss a beat!
Futuristic Bluetooth technology allows the Audex jacket to simultaneously stay connected to your compatible Bluetooth-phone** for wireless voice connectivity. Rocking out to your favorite track? When a call comes in, the music pauses and prompts you to accept or reject it. It’s your call! What’s more, with speakers in the hood, an embedded microphone near the collar and a control panel on the sleeve, you can take or place a call without ever touching your phone.
Stow and Go
Keep your gadgets in the jacket – with specially designed pockets, even fragile devices are protected from the elements. With integrated controls on the sleeve, the intelligent Audex jacket lets you easily make a call or fast forward a song – just press a button on your sleeve to toggle between the phone and music capabilities. Designed with outdoors in mind, the control panel has large, tactile buttons for easy operation while wearing gloves and there’s even caller ID2 for screening calls in case your boss checks in.
Style on the Mountain
The Audex jacket is easy to maintain and keep clean because all technology components are removable. Choose from multiple sizes, styles and colors, including the men’s Audex Cargo Jacket series in True Black and Roasted Brown or women’s Audex Dutchess Insulated Jacket series in True Black or Petal Pink. Of course, all Audex jackets come with the legendary quality, comfort, style and weatherproofing that can only be found with Burton.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES:
The Audex Jacket Series is expected to be available in Q3 of 2006. For more information regarding pricing and availability in your region, please contact your local Motorola or Burton representative.
- Bluetooth stereo capability with Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) and Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Compatible with iPod that has Dock Connector (optional accessory required)
- One-touch music controls to manage volume and song tracks
- Audex Jacket Series works with any Bluetooth1.1 or 1.2-enabled phone that supports “headset” and “hands-free” profiles
- One-touch operation to initiate (via voice dial), end or mute a call
- Caller ID2 capabilities via built-in screen on the control panel
- Removable control panel, detachable hood speakers and microphone for easy jacket cleaning
- Rechargeable battery
- Auxiliary headset jack to enable privacy mode
* Network and/or SIM card dependent feature, not available in all areas. Airtime, data charges and/or additional charges may apply. **Phone sold separately. Compatible with any brand of Bluetooth 1.1 or 1.2 -enabled phone that supports “headset” and “hands-free” profiles for voice communication. For capability to stream music, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) or Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) is needed. ***Optional accessory required
This device supports Bluetooth Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP,) Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP,) Headset, and Hands-free profiles. In order for Bluetooth devices to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same Bluetooth profile. To determine the profiles supported by other Motorola devices, visit www.hellomoto.com/bluetooth. For other devices, contact their respective manufacturer. Certain Bluetooth features including those listed may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices, or by certain wireless carriers. Contact your wireless carrier about feature availability and functionality. The use of wireless phones and/or headphones while engaged in activities requiring concentration may cause distraction or otherwise impair your ability to safely participate in such activities. Always use technology safely.